HAZMAT TRAINING, CONSULTING & AUDITING
Viking Packing provides hazmat training and consultation services, as well as UN Performance Oriented Packaging testing for companies across the nation to ensure compliance.
Bring your Dangerous Goods handling up to spec.
Call us today: (800) 788-8525
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRAINING
We offer a variety of HAZMAT training:
- General Awareness/Familiarization
- Safety and Security
- Shipper/Packer Function Specific
- Storage And Handling
- Performance-Oriented Packaging
- Use Of Regulatory Manuals For All Modes (Highway, Rail, Ocean, Air)
- Use of DOT Emergency Response Guidebook
- Enforcement of Hazardous Materials Regulations
- DOT Training for Supervisors
- Spill/Incident Emergency Response Methods
The transportation of hazardous materials is a complex, highly-regulated process with many opportunities for mistakes.
Over the years, the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) has identified human error as a contributing cause for most hazmat transportation incidents.
Human error may result from a variety of factors including:
- Lack of knowledge leading to the mishandling of hazmat
- Lack of knowledge leading to undeclared shipments
- Lack of awareness that hazmat is present
- Failure to follow established safety procedures
- Lack of understanding of one’s role during an incident should one occur
- Lack of knowledge on how to respond to an incident if one occurs
Hazmat training is required for all employees involved in handling, packaging, storing, moving, loading and unloading hazardous materials with the use of hand trucks. Effective training programs can significantly reduce the number of hazmat incidents.
An effective training program:
- Develops a strong safety culture
- Heightens employee safety by helping employees protect themselves
- Improves a company’s effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity
- Increases employee skills
- May prevent regulatory sanctions
- Aids in ensuring safe and secure shipments of hazardous materials
- Reduces likelihood of catastrophic event such as fire aboard aircraft
- Provides employees with understanding of why compliance and safety are necessary
Small/excepted qty. packaging verification
Viking can help with any particular compliance issue or perform the same full compliance audit as a government inspector would.
After needs are identified, solutions based on regulatory and industry knowledge are provided confidentially. Viking can also help implement any changes.